Certificate of good conduct

Hi all, Ive come to Dubai on a tourist visa from New York. I have been getting all my documents together for the visa but HR told me today that I need a certificate of good conduct. I am originally from India but never lived there. Ive been in the US for the last 7 years, and prior to that ive been living in Oman.

Does anyone know how do I go about this? is there someone I can pay to make this a seamless process??

I need this certificate ASAP as id like to get my visa soon.

Thank you!!!!!!

| Modified: March 7, 2018 | Author:

Tamasha8 3 months ago

i think its either 3 or 6 month.. you might need to get it again. hope not though.

Tamasha8 3 months ago

I can get it from india.. my home country but it aint my home.. never lived there yet ive been told I have to get it from my country of origin/address on passport.. and frankly its such a hassle to go all the way to india for a piece of paper.. there has to be a better way of doing this

PixelRage9 3 months ago

what will they ask you during your appointment? Will the PCC from India state that you haven't had a criminal record in the past 5 years? Because it seems that they are asking for up to 5 years. Please let me know.

kulugo 3 months ago

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/dubai/good-conduct-certificates-for-uae-work-visas-from-today Is anyone else exempted from obtaining it? Those coming to the UAE on visit, tourist or student visas.

askdubailaw 3 months ago

The easiest way to get it done is from India itself.Apply online through the website of the Ministry of External Affairs Consular, Passport and Visa Division https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp. You will have to register through the Passport Seva online portal and click the "apply for a police clearance certificate" link. Enter the required details,submit the form and make an online payment in order to be able to book an appointment at a passport office. You will have to take your original documents to the chosen passport office.Once done,you can reach wirestork or similar paralegals to get your attestation done.This should cost around 500-700 AED depending on your state.

samesdd66 3 months ago

I got it in 2016 from Dubai, anyone knows if it has one year validity or what please?

Tamasha8 3 months ago

Makes sense. Do you know of any places I can get the fingerprints done? I dont want to take a risk. What about getting them attested? is this going to take forever????

justpassingby_0 3 months ago

See this news article from today https://www.thenational.ae/uae/government/new-security-checks-for-uae-expats-come-into-effect-1.701274 You will need the certificate from the US

BONGOmerchant 3 months ago

FBI does the US certificate. You have to mail in an application with fingerprints and a request. I think they responded relatively quickly to mine. You can either find someone to take your finger prints professionally or you can do it yourself - look online for hints. I did my own and it worked. You might try finding out whether its quicker to get a certificate from India and see if they will accept that instead. Afterthought: you might be able to get the UAE to scan your prints for you and send them to the US...?