Global Village is the world’s largest seasonal cultural shopping, open-air theme park, leisure and entertainment fair.
With an apt slogan which reads “Where the World comes together”, and with several new and exciting attractions, the Global Village Dubai is back this year and will run from November 3rd 2015 to 9th April 2016.
Successfully running its 20th season, Global Village promises to be “bigger and better than ever” this year! One of the biggest and most famous tourist attractions of the Dubai Shopping Festival, Global Village is a destination that showcases and brings together traditional and authentic collections from diverse world cultures.
Global Village Dubai 2017 dates:
1st of November 2016 until 8th of April 2017
Global Village Location:
Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and Emirates Road, Dubai, UAE.
Global Village timings:
Saturday to Wednesday – 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM, Thursdays, Fridays and Public Holidays – 4:00PM to 1:00 AM
General admission: AED 15
Family Package: 99 AED (four tickets)
The world’s largest seasonal cultural shopping, open-air theme park, leisure and entertainment fair is back!
With an apt slogan which reads “Where the World comes together”, and with several new and exciting attractions, the Global Village Dubai is back this year and will run from November 1st 2016 to 8th April 2017.
Successfully running its 21st season, Global Village promises to be “bigger and better than ever” this year! One of the biggest and most famous tourist attractions of the Dubai Shopping Festival, Global Village is a destination that showcases and brings together traditional and authentic collections from diverse world cultures.
What times does Global Village Dubai put on a fireworks show?
Dining at Global Village Dubai
There are almost 18 restaurants at Global Village serving international cuisines, local cuisines and speciality food alike! These open-air restaurants and coffee shops overlooking the lake, offer a delightful ambience and a perfect resting spot to visitors, as they shop or enjoy at theme parks while enjoying Dubai’s pleasant weather and the taste of global cuisines.
Guests attending the Global Village Dubai will be able to enjoy and participate in:-
- Cultural Shows
- Shopping Avenues
- Thrill shows
Special attractions of Global Village Dubai
- The Heritage Village
- The 3D Haunted House
- The Animals Land
- Illumination World
- Pre-historic Oceanarium
Global Village Offers:
Global Village offers various entertainment activities, shopping avenues, and dining options, as well as thrilling rides for kids at ‘Fantasy Island’. An ideal spot for families, Global Village also offers the best of family entertainment experiences, such as street performances, bespoke shows, stunt/thrill performances, and cultural shows from across the world.
Renowned as the “shopping capital of the Middle East”, Dubai has a plethora of souks and shopping centres, and during the months of January, there is no better place for shopping in Dubai than DSF! A shopping extravaganza in the desert and a major part of the Dubai Shopping Festival, Global Village cater for every customer’s needs. From clothing to jewellery, to cars, electronics, furnishings, and sporting equipment, you will find everything under one roof.
Here, you’ll also find region-specific items such as delicious honey from Yemen, wooden pots from Africa, Argan oil from Morocco, engraved necklaces from Spain, exquisite carpets from Iran and Afghanistan, and dried fruits from Thailand.
More than 6 million visitors are expected to head down to the Global Village this year, where over 2,500 pavilions will showcase food items, goods, and entertainment programs from all over the world. The largest pavilion of Global village will be the India pavilion, which features more than 300 stalls, where visitors can shop for silk, cotton and chiffon fabrics in every colour of the rainbow!
The Advantages of our Global Village:
- Resources can be sourced from various countries in order to produce goods and services more efficiently.
- Efficient global trade allows consumers to have a much larger variety of products/services to choose from.
- These products/services are made brought to market at much lower prices due to competitive forces worldwide.
- Consequently, companies are able to procure the necessary input materials and services at more competitive prices, due to global supply.
- Companies have access to much wider larger multinational markets.
- Peace/understanding, goodwill and cultural alignment is facilitated among countries that were once vastly different and “at war”.
- Opportunities for investment have expanded beyond national borders.
- Import/Export laws have made it easier to sustain optimal global supplies of essential goods/commodities since countries are now able to focus on their core competencies and rely on international trade.
- Adverse effects of fluctuations in agricultural productions in one area can be reduced by pooling production from other areas.
The Disadvantages of our Global Village:
- Developed countries can stifle development of undeveloped and under-developed countries.
- Economic depression in one country can trigger adverse reactions across the globe.
- Increased movement of products and people across the globe facilitates the spread of diseases, thus increasing the risk of outbreaks.
- Global competition puts pressure on small businesses who do not have resources to compete on a global scale. Globalization is a hindrance to local small business operations.
- Ease of access to cheaper labor abroad has been detrimental to employment standards in most developed countries. Companies are moving production offshore, causing unskilled workers to move into entry-level service work where pay is low and turnover is high.
- The world is experiencing a shift towards widespread languages and the dominance of western cultural values. On average, one language dies every 14 days. By the next century nearly half of the roughly 7,000 languages spoken on Earth will likely disappear, as communities abandon native tongues in favor of English, Mandarin, or Spanish.