Getting a name change in Dubai?

Do you know about any UAE citizen who changed their first names? Any idea what it exactly takes other than going to the court?

| Modified: March 7, 2018 | Author:

rainumi 8 months ago

Haha thanks i guess. But i meant changing my real name officially, document wise.

rainumi 8 months ago

Oh thank you, this is quite helpful. I dont have any kids, but i dont understand the point of publicizing the name in a newspaper?

anotherdxbguy 8 months ago

I want to change my name from Abu Mousa to Peter Hellenkamp

non-hetero 8 months ago

I want to change my username. Do I have to start a new account? Yes. Once a user account is created, the username cannot be edited. You can create a new user profile but cannot migrate karma, comment karma or trophies to the new username. I hope this helps, and good luck rainumi (if that is your real name).

TornScrote 8 months ago

You cannot change your first name if your kids reach a certain age (I think it's 18). Something to do with your name change that will set off a domino's effect of changes for your kids. At least that was the way it was explained to me. The process itself isn't too hard but involves (not exactly in this order) going to court to explain your case to the judge (closed chambers), putting your name in the paper (al Fajr is an excellent newspaper for this because no subscribers bro), getting a police clearance certificate that lets you do this, issuing a new birth certificate (don't ask), new Emirates ID issuance and finally visiting the passport office to issue a new passport and family book. You would probably have to issue new passports for your kids too since in essence changing your name will inadvertently change theirs as well. Good luck.

babayega812 8 months ago

Depends on your nationality as well. You may need to go to the consulate and publish an official advert both in a UAE newspaper and your home country.