The UAE's Leading B2B and B2C portal

HaiUAE - Expats Guide to UAE and Local Business Directory

On-line Grocery shopping in Dubai

March 5, 2018 / 341 / Category : Faqs

I've never tried buying groceries online here. Can anyone with extensive experience chime in?

Who has the best quality food?

Best Quality service.

Best cost/quality ratio.

My biggest concern is vegetables. I like to carefully pick them myself to get the freshest best looking pieces. I guess I could do the veggies myself and use the service for other staples.

Anyone have experience?

• ramyrakan
    2 years ago

Try instashop app, i use it for months now without any problem

• bizarreapple
    2 years ago

I order from greenheart organic farm quite a bit, particularly in the summer months when Farmers Market on the Terrace isn't on. The deliveries are always on time, they offer free delivery at a low-ish minimum spend, the produce is amazing, and they have some lovely niche products that they price lower than other Dubai organic product sellers. I used to order from earlybird.ae quite a lot because their prices are the same as the supermarket, minus the heavy lifting of goods like soda and milk cartons, and they offer free delivery if you can wait for their scheduled delivery day. Great service. However they stopped selling my family's preferred brands of milk and soda.

• startuphameed
    2 years ago

Exactly my argument for over a year here. There are only two scenarios where it would work here. Sell stuff that people are longing for and are not available in supermarkets. 2.Target lazy people.

• Muhaisnah4
    2 years ago

Even the most remote areas will have a choitram or spinneys Remote areas have small groceries. Spinneys and Choithrams are only found in upmarket areas.

• pchees
    2 years ago

I use trolley.ae sometimes. Quality is fine, although they tend to run out of stock on certain items when you order. Delivery has always been on schedule as agreed. One thing is that they accept international debit/credit cards which is useful for me.

• xcal15

KIbsons.ae https://www.kibsons.com/

• RealLiveInternetLady
    2 years ago

My vote for Kibsons too. The berries in particular are good, cheap pumpkin, broccoli etc compared to in-store and I've only have an issue once when something was bruised - they replaced it the next day.

• yakodman
    2 years ago

Hey do you go with the regular veggies option or organic.

• yakodman
    2 years ago

Hey if you care about fresh picked vegetables I run a farm that delivers fresh organic veggies called emirates bio farm

• mrinalbh
    2 years ago

Try shopinc.com. Ordered items before. Good service and reliable.

• startuphameed
    2 years ago

How about helping the friendly neighbourhood grocery shop for basic regular shopping and using online grocery platforms just when you want something "different" that's not available everywhere?

• ammarfrz
    2 years ago

Try out this app called fresh culture, they have their own warehouse. And they are suppliers too

• AiChyan
    2 years ago

I typically get my groceries online from lulu. They are very reliable and deliver in the time frame I specify. I rarely order fresh produce from them but in the few times I did they sent good quality stuff. For produce like another poster I signed up with farmbox. A small box twice a month is enough for us as a family of three.

• fletchindubai
    2 years ago

KIbsons.ae They are one of the companies that supply Spinneys, so you're buying the stuff direct before Spinneys add their mark up on top. And it's a LOT cheaper.

• c_brizzle
    2 years ago

Kibsons for me online. Just so convenient. For around 150 I get a box full of fruit and veg that lasts a few weeks. You just have to be careful on prices.

• bystander1981
    2 years ago

my experience with Lulu is pretty good, but you must pay close attention to what you're ordering - otherwise, my feeling is they pick the best stuff.

• msjihds
    2 years ago

If you have the time to do grocery shopping, it is always best to do so. I find it much more cheaper to go on the grocery(bigger ones like carrefour,co-op etc). Nothing like handpicked produce. Also buying stock of food if you regularly cook is always a good idea. But for some people who cooks only when they have the time or when they are in the mood (like me), I find online shopping a good option since I can schedule the delivery to be on the right time as when I reach home from work. Saves me time and energy instead of going for a grocery run. Been doing online grocery shopping for quite some time now and the items are usually fresh and good. Except for this one time when they delivered an "expired" meat, which i asked for an exchange.

• opiza
    2 years ago

Very happy with farm box. Super fresh and high quality veggies. Check out their site and see whats in each months box and if its a good fit for you. Can be weekly or bi-monthly and can be paused if you go on holiday

• drromancer
    2 years ago

Online shopping is still catching up in the UAE... Think the only online retailer (to the best of my knowledge) who provides vegetables online is Lulu... Considering their massive network, it would be a safe bet to say their produce should be decent.

• mythodeath
    2 years ago

The only reason why online grocery shopping hasn't picked up in this part of the world is because there are supermarkets and grocery shops at every corner. They deliver to your home and some of them even give credit. You can just pop into one of them. Even the most remote areas will have a choitram or spinneys

Popular

Online shopping in Dubai, Abu Dhabi

Online shopping in Dubai, Abu Dhabi

Letstango.com is very user-friendly – it offers to users support via live chat, instant shopping assistance and digital shopping assistance to customers. A wide range of goods is available, ranging from fashion to sports to electronics. Cash on delivery (COD) payments are accepted, and special fast delivery options are available. Top 3 Places To Go Shopping in Dubai UAE – Expats Guide 14 Mos...

4 Useful Tips If you are Moving to Dubai

4 Useful Tips If you are Moving to Dubai

Dubai is becoming one of the favorite cities for tourists, short term and long term residents, job seekers and people who are looking to invest their money in real estate. The city of Dubai is growing at a rapid phase. The real estate market in Dubai is on an increasing trend and hence there are many investors worldwide who wish to invest in this city. Living in dubai is a great experience. The st...

UAE Labour Law

UAE Labour Law

Federal Law No 8, For 1980, On Regulation of Labour Relations Chapter I: Definitions and General Provision Definitions General Provisions   Chapter II: Employment Of Workers Children And Women Section I: Employment of Workers Section II: Employment of Children   Section III: Employment of Women Se...

Dubai Deals, Coupons & Special Offers

Dubai Deals, Coupons & Special Offers

Launched in July 2010 in Dubai, as part of the Jabbar Internet Group, Cobone features a daily market-focused deal on the best things to do, see, eat and buy in cities across the Middle East. Cobone is an easy and fun way to get fantastic deals on great experiences in your city. The company was founded in 2010 by Paul Kenny, an Irish entrepreneur. Shopping with Cobone is easy! When you see an un...

JadoPado Dubai UAE Marketplace

JadoPado Dubai UAE Marketplace

JadoPado is an auction sale marketplace where one can buy and sell new, used and renovate items Stores are handled by individual sellers, including their product reach, order management, and fulfillment. JadoPado work is to make sure everything looks great. Top 3 Places To Go Shopping in Dubai UAE – Expats Guide 14 Most Popular Online Stores in Dubai 2016 United Arab Emirates